HomeWorld NewsIsrael investigates Netanyahu aide suspected of leaking Gaza secrets

Israel investigates Netanyahu aide suspected of leaking Gaza secrets


An aide to Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has been accused of being involved in the leak of a secret document on Gaza. As a result, there has been a storm of criticism in the country's political arena and anger among the relatives of hostages in the hands of Hamas. In a report published on Monday (November 4), the British news agency Reuters reported.

“Secret and sensitive intelligence information was unlawfully obtained from IDF (Israel Defense Forces) systems,” the court ruled on Sunday. It can pose a serious threat to the security of the state.'

Due to the government ban, the details about the matter have not been known so far. However, part of the order was lifted by a judgment of the Magistrate. These things are said by the court on the basis of preliminary observations.

The court also said that the release of the information may have damaged the efforts to release the hostages.

Netanyahu has denied the accusations brought against his office staff. In a statement on Saturday, the prime minister said that he only learned about the leaked documents from the media.

Among the four suspects are a person close to Netanyahu and three security officers. Reuters has been unsuccessful in trying to contact them.

German newspaper Bild first reported on the documents in question on September 6, the Israeli newspaper Haaretz claimed. The report exclusively described Hamas' negotiating strategy.
The United States, Qatar and Egypt were working together to broker a ceasefire between Israel and Hamas. One of the main topics of discussion was the release of prisoners held in Gaza.

But that discussion failed. Israel and Hamas continue to blame each other for the stalemate. The report found similarities with Netanyahu's accusations against Hamas.

When asked about this, Bild told Reuters that the company does not disclose any information about its sources. However, the IDF confirmed the authenticity of their reports.

Note that the Palestinian armed group Hamas entered Israel and attacked on October 7 last year. Israel claims that at least 1,200 of its citizens were killed and 250 were taken hostage by Hamas in that attack. In response to the attack, Israel launched a military offensive that turned into the Gaza War. More than 43,000 Palestinians have lost their lives in the aggression that has been going on for more than a year, according to the Gaza Health Ministry.



RELATED ARTICLES

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisment -

Most Popular